How to draw electrical diagrams
- Choose the size of the drawing and set it in program settings (F12 - Document - Size)
- insert title block (if not already inserted) using command program settings (F12 - title block)
- if you will need multiple layers, prepare them in the Layers panel a name them accordingly to their intended use
- if you want to use a scanned floor plan, insert it in the lower layer
- for the coarse objects placement start with snap 10 mm and decrease it when needed
- insert the symbols and other objects and place them to their final positions. Leave some space at the edges of the drawing to allow for the possibility of printing on a different printer.
- Before you draw connections (wires), make sure that the symbols are properly placed (at least the most important ones). It is possible to move symbols with wires attached to them, but only for short distances. The shift of already wired symbols may break their connections.
- Use the "s" key to switch to the wires drawing mode and start drawing wires. Start with the major wires crossing the entire length of the drawing. If any connection was started the wrong way and you are not able to continue, you can cancel the latest diversion by pressing the backspace key. You can end a connection in the air by pressing the right mouse button.
- you can use the function File - List of wires to verify all wires have been attached correctly
- make sure no texts, symbols nor wires overlap
Documents Symbols and Favourites Explorer Layers Properties Integrated Circuits Pages Search Search Symbols
How to draw electrical diagrams How to insert symbols How to draw wires How to draw cables How to draw graphical shapes Reference grid Import from AutoCAD (DXF and DWG) Inserting images Working with objects Inserting texts Line styles Cross references Drawing to scale Wires numbering
Export to image formats Export to DXF data format Bill of material Netlist List of wires Batch printing of symbols Batch printing of drawings List of pages
Symbols Library Drawing electrical symbols Properties of the Symbols Rotating graphical shapes How to resize a symbol Symbol parameters Symbol attributes Numbering symbol outlets
How to insert a title block into a drawing How to create a title block Data fields in title blocks System variables